Tuesday, November 19, 2019 / by Loren Foxx
1. Step one is to contact Cisneros Realty Group at (603) 273-6160 to establish a listing agent. Your agent will be happy to tell you all about the current state of the real estate market in your area, advise an appropriate asking price, and explain how you should prepare, or “stage”, your house for maximum appeal to buyers. This staging will not only improve your “curb appeal” for people driving by or visiting your home, but will make sure your house looks its best in the many photos that will be taken to show potential buyers.
2. Your agent will list your property with the MLS (“Multiple Listings Service”, the central database for real estate sales) as well as other platforms only a licensed REALTOR has access to. This is how most potential buyers will learn your home is available for purchase. Interested parties will then contact your agent to arrange showings. You will not be present during these showings, but your agent will.
3. As offers to buy come in to your agent, they will pass along the information and keep you informed. You will have the opportunity to evaluate these offers with your agent and choose to accept, reject, or negotiate a counter-offer. Once you and a potential buyer have reached an agreement on price, you will sign a sales contract and your house will be reclassified as “under contract”.
4. At this point, all of the work is on the buyer. They will need to hire a third-party home inspector to give the house a thorough assessment of its condition. Their mortgage company will hire an appraiser to verify that the home’s contracted price is within reasonable range of market value, since it is in the mortgage company’s interest to not allow their buyer to vastly overpay for the property.
5. Once the buyer’s mortgage has been fully approved, the buying and selling agents will work together to arrange the closing. This is where you will likely meet with the buyer for the first time to sign paperwork and finalize your deal.
Selling your house is a big undertaking, but it doesn’t need to be intimidating or difficult. With the help of a patient and knowledgeable agent from Cisneros Realty Group you can look forward to a smooth process and quickly-sold home!
Photo by Tierra Mallorca on Unsplash